We are very excited to announce that we will be hosting an after-hours TeachMeet on 7 December at Manchester Museum. South Asia-inspired artists, teachers, speakers and organisations will be here in The Study to share a wealth of ideas and projects at this unique event.
Speakers and experts include:
- Prof. Claire Alexander, University of Manchester – South Asian identity and migration; oral history with young people
- Dr John Zavos and Dr Jacqueline Suthren Hirst, University of Manchester – experts in South Asian history and religions respectively
- Mark Chadwick – St Mary’s Primary – the Indus Valley Civilisation
- Anjum Anwar MBE – interfaith dialogue in schools
- Dr Gayathri Ganapathy – storytelling and cognition through South Asian dance
- British Council – ‘Connecting Classrooms’ global education programme
- Blackburn Museum – film project on India’s role in WW2
- Sophie Marshall – Irk Valley Primary – RE in the Early Years
The event is also your opportunity to learn more about how teachers can be involved in our upcoming capital redevelopment known as the Courtyard Project; in particular relating to the new South Asia gallery which is planned for 2020 in a landmark partnership with the British Museum.
Come and escape the festive madness and get fresh ideas and inspiration for the New Year and beyond!
Free refreshments will be provided.
Limited tickets are available here – book now to avoid disappointment!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161 2757357 with any questions or if you would like to speak at the event.
We look forward to seeing you then!