Cost: £3.50 per child
Minimum cost: £75
Duration: 120 minutes
Adults: minimum 4
*For Key Stage 1 groups, please see our session: ‘Dinosaur Challenge’.
This session will provide your class with an opportunity to develop and apply their scientific enquiry skills in the unique setting of the Manchester Museum. This session involves object handling, problem solving and a creative thinking element that focuses on the popular theme of dinosaurs. Through both object-based activities and gallery tasks, pupils will:
- Develop their enquiry and investigative skills.
- Learn how to interpret fossil evidence.
- Gather evidence to solve a prehistoric Murder Mystery, and present their findings to the class.
If you are planning to spend time exploring the Museum either before or after your session, please contact the Bookings Coordinator to check gallery availability.
To help you to explore your topic in and beyond the Fossils Gallery, you may want to make use of our on-gallery resources (see ‘Downloads’ below).
Find out more…
Further details about the session are available in the Teachers Pack (see below) or with our School Bookings Coordinator on 0161 275 2630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teachers Pack: Dinosaur Detectives
- On-gallery resources: I am not a dinosaur | Rot or not | Comparing Creatures
- Risk Assessment