Available until 29 March 2018
Cost: £3.50 per child
Minimum cost: £75
Duration: 120 minutes
Adults: minimum 4
*For Key Stage 1 groups, please see our session: ‘Dinosaur Challenge’.
This session will provide your class with an opportunity to develop and apply their scientific enquiry skills in the unique setting of the Manchester Museum. This session involves object handling, problem solving and a creative thinking element that focuses on the popular theme of dinosaurs. Through both object-based activities and gallery tasks, pupils will:
- Develop their enquiry and investigative skills.
- Learn how to interpret fossil evidence.
- Gather evidence to solve a prehistoric Murder Mystery, and present their findings to the class.
Children will spend time in the Fossils gallery during this session. To help you to further explore your topic in and beyond the Fossils Gallery, you may want to make use of our on-gallery resources (see ‘Downloads’ below).
If you need to see particular galleries in any self-led time during your visit, including the Fossils gallery, please let us know as sometimes our galleries are busy with other activities.
- Teachers Pack: Dinosaur Detectives
- On-gallery resources: I am not a dinosaur | Rot or not | Comparing Creatures
- Risk Assessment