Cost: £3.50 per child
Minimum Cost: £50
Duration: 90 minutes
Adults: minimum 4 (+ any 1:1 support)
This session will provide your class with an opportunity to develop and apply their historical enquiry skills and knowledge of ancient Egypt in the unique setting of the Manchester Museum. Through both object handling and gallery work, pupils will:
- Develop their enquiry and investigative skills.
- Interpret evidence from mummy research.
- Solve a ‘Raided Tomb Quest’ by identifying and reuniting objects that belonged to an ancient Egyptian chantress.
If you are planning to spend time exploring the Museum either before or after your session, we ask groups to avoid using the Egyptian Worlds gallery. This is to ensure that pupils first experience the gallery within the context of the session, and as well as to avoid other schools who will be using the gallery for their taught sessions.
To help you to explore the topic of Egypt beyond the Egyptian Worlds gallery, you may want to make use of our on-gallery resources (see ‘Downloads’ below).
Find out more…
Further details about the session are available in the Teachers Pack (below) or with our School Bookings Coordinator on 0161 275 2630 / email@example.com.
*Last-minute availability on 18 and 21 April*
- Teachers Pack: Egyptian Worlds
- On gallery resource: Beyond Egyptian Worlds
- How to get here
- Risk Assessment